My Character Inspirations

The characters I read for become very special to me and I love to give each one a voice that I feel compliments their personalities.  Part of how I do that is by pin pointing a voice I've heard before that seems to match their spirit.  It's an interesting process and I never know what's going to pop into my head when I read a book. So, I wanted to share some of my character inspirations with my listeners.




CHARACTER                 BOOK                                      INSPIRATION            
Cindy Eller,                How (Not) To Kiss A Prince:         Jem from the Holograms
Jessi                           How (Not) To Kiss A Prince:         Raven from That's So Raven
Tansy                         How (Not) To Kiss A Prince:         Disney's Cinderella, ironically
Prince Andric             Thief Prince                                    The Goblin King from the Labyrinth
Prince Landon            Thief Prince                                     Keanu Reeves + Surfer Dude
Twin Princes of Tyn    Thief Prince                                    Random Anime Character voice
Prince Kenyan            Thief Prince                                    A young Mr. Howell from Gilligan's Island
Jet                              Violet                                             A tough Australian dude, matching his narrator
Jaze                            Violet                                             He sounded like a kind, strong, dream guy, 
                                                                                        which brought to mind the Red Voltron Rider from my childhood, but listening back to that now, I see that his voice isn't what I remembered.

That's all for now.  I might be willing to divulge some more later.